Online business in Nigeria and in the world has grown and it’s still booming with several people making a whole lot of money simply from their laptops
Gone are those days when we think that if we don’t set up an offline business, we don’t have any choice or becomes hopeless.
The world is growing daily in technology and most people who are in seek of various ideas, answers or advises sought the internet in search of it.
And no matter how much the contents are on the internet, a lot of people are constantly seeking for more; so it’s never too late to set up yours.
If you intend to set up an online business anywhere don’t be discouraged or think that you will have to move to a particular place to set it up.
One good advantage of online business is that you can be in any place, at any time to set up your online business; be it in Nigeria, USA, China, UK, Kenya, Canada, India, Philippines etc. just name, then it’s at your reach.
The reason is because online business is versatile, flexible and the people whom you intend to connect with can be in any part of the world, so far they can connect to the internet.
Another good thing about online business is that it locate you to many and wide opportunities.
There have been so many encouraging stories about people who have been able to connect with various people from many parts of the world because of the unique service they provide which interested the other person.
Do not get me wrong, every internet or online business is unique in their own way, but what will make your own outstanding from the other person who is providing the same service like you are doing is the style and the outstanding methods or technique you are using.
If yours is outstanding, a lot of people will surely locate you.
Have explained that, I will be listing the various online businesses that one can set up in Nigeria but before I start listing the different types of online business that you can start in Nigeria, let’s quickly look at steps on how to make any online business in Nigeria a success.
Steps on how to make any online business in Nigeria a success
Research or find an online business that interest or inspire you; before you start any online business in Nigeria, you will have to find an online business that interests you.
It’s all about doing what you love and doing it well.
Write a list of online businesses that interests you then choose from it.
Choose an online business that you will be willing to learn; to succeed in any business, know that it will never be an overnight magic.
In every business if you are not ready to learn or make deep research about it, then kindly forget about that business; and this applies to your online business in Nigeria.
Be ready to toil deep, learn, read deep and make researches about that business.
If possible you can learn it from already established experts or seek for consultancy.
These will enable you to succeed more in it because what you learn can never be taken from you.
Find a business that will yield income; in as much as you are finding an online business that you love and willingly to learn; you should also find one that will yield a good income.
Look out for one that has a high potential for success and high income.
The main reason is because, you will be putting a lot in marketing, designing, profiling and setting it up; so, therefore, you don’t want your startup income to be bigger than your gain in the long run.
Set up a business plan; Yes, I am writing this here, you have to set up a business plan.
Don’t think that because you are not setting up an offline business so, therefore, no needs of a business plan.
A business plan is not specifically meant for an offline business; be it any business, small or big, online or offline, you must set up a business plan.
This will stipulate the strategy of what your business will look like, the steps you will be taking to achieve your success, your estimated capital, and your estimated profit or gain.
Adopt a working strategy for marking your online business; this is the huge mistake some owner of the online business makes; they don’t market their online business.
Even some, who claims to market it, don’t do it thoroughly.
One of the main secrets of a successful online business is vigorous marketing.
You can either practice On-page marketing which includes Search Engine Optimization, social media buttons for posts sharing on your website (if you have one) etc or Off-page marketing scheme which includes; social media marketing, social bookmarking etc.
Whatever may be your strategy, abide by it and practices it vigorously because the internet is platform of numerous ideas; it is likely to find another person practicing that online business that you wish to set up so therefore, you have to market your online business because people will not know that your online business exist till you showcase it to them.
Never slack back; finally, if you want to succeed in any online business you should learn to always persevere in promoting and making it great.
Though sometimes, it may seem tough and tiring but try never to give up.
Lists of potential Online Business in Nigeria
Now the part we all have been waiting for.
There are so many online businesses that one can set up in Nigeria which has the high potential of creating huge income.
Below are the lists of them and some few explanations about them.
Study them and you might find one that interests you;
1) Blog/News website; you might have seen a lot of blogs and Nigeria website, some of them are receiving high traffic (visitors or readers) while some of them are not.
No matter how many blogs or websites out there; a lot of people are still carving for more.
If your blog or website is presented in a unique or outstanding way, you will always have constant reliable visitors; all you need to do is to find your favorite Niche (a particular topic) that interests you and you want to cover things on it e.g., Sport, News, entertainment, parenting, education, tennis, politics, Christianity, technology, etc.
The one good thing about blogging or having a website is that; you can set it up with some free good content management platform like Blogger, Joomla, Typepad, and WordPress.
2)E-commerce/ Online Store; if you think you can set up a good supermarket by the side of the road or street and have people coming in and out of your shop to buy things; well I’m glad to tell you that you can do the same online.
E-commerce is an online store where people can purchase goods of their choice like clothes, shoes, foodstuffs, electronics, household items etc and have it transported/shipped to them to their different locations.
In Nigeria, we have the likes of Konga, Jumia etc
3) Affiliate marketing; this is a good online business opportunity that can profit you a great deal of money.
This online business entails promoting other people’s products, goods or service and you will be paid commissions.
The most appealing and interesting about this online business is that you don’t really need a dim or much to start it.
All you have to do is to find online companies or online stores whom are looking for affiliate marketer with good commissions and apply with them.
If you are hardworking and are able to get a lot of people who have an interest in the product and are willing to buy or use the goods or service; then your income will begin to flow.
4) Forum; you can create a forum of a particular interest or with a combination of many interests were a lot of people can talk and chat about different topics.
If the forum is popular, you will get a lot of people who are willing to pay to advertise goods and service and sponsor contents or product in it.
5) SEO Expert/Consultant; in as much as the internet is filled with the content of different topics, goods, and services; you need the search engine to optimize your site, goods or service to the right people at the right time.
There are experts who specialize in this.
If you feel you are good in this aspect, you can set this online business up and provide it to people who don’t know how to do it at the rate or charges of your choice.
6) Becoming an online freelancer on different service; if you have the ability to write, design logo, code HTML, web copywriting, proofreading, ghost writing, resume writing, graphic design, website building services etc; you can become a freelancer in it.
The good thing about freelancer is that you can charge at your rate and combine different jobs you like if you are capable of handling it or multitasking.
7) Social Media expert (consultant); the social media marketing doesn’t only entails clicking the ‘like’ or ‘share’ buttons, it also entails bring the right information to the right people and making a content or service to go viral.
If you are expert in this, you can provide this service and watch people locate you.
8) Auction selling; these are the likes of Jiji, eBay, Amazon auction or Craigslist. This service is all about selling or reselling used product or so to the right customers.
9) Video Vlogging/ YouTube; there are some people out there who prefer watching videos to reading contents.
You can start making interesting videos which will interest people or teach people on how to do stuff (DIY; do-it-yourself).
Soon enough you will be able to monetize your videos to earn some cash.
10) EBook Publication; you can write eBooks on the interest or topic that you think will sell and sell it to the right people.
If you want to continuously make huge money from any eBook; you must make sure the information that is provided in the eBook is unique and vital.
11) Virtual Assistant; Most web entrepreneurs are too busy or can’t handle all their online works and seek assistant to help them complete them.
This service is all about helping web entrepreneurs to carry out works that they consider or may find cumbersome or too much and get paid for it.
12) Website or product Appraisal/review; this online business is all about reviewing website and products for scam or legality.
You can earn through product or website advertisement etc
13) Lead Generation service; a lot of online businesses are looking to grow their mailing lists.
So if you know how to generate leads online, then you can set up this online business in Nigeria.
You can charge per lead or in bulk.
14) Site promotion; if you know different unique and good strategies on how to promote a full site to the right traffic, then this online business is in a good shape.
This business is a hot deal because so many website owners have tried or don’t know how to do this; so they are willing to pay you to render this service.
15) App development; most of the online businesses are now having an app version for their websites.
And so the owners are willing to pay you to develop an app version for their sites.
16) Buying and selling of websites; you can buy a website from owners who want to sell them and then resell them to interested buyers with additional profits.
17) Jobs recruiting; a lot of people do this offline; you can also bring this online since most people use the internet to get information.
Get genuinely available jobs to the right people who are need of it; from there you get your own commissions.
18) Software creation; if you know how to create software’s for companies, website owners etc, you can set up this business and get paid hugely.
19) Research expert; if you are expert in researching on topics, articles, organization etc. companies or individuals who need them can pay you for this service since they may be too busy to do so or may not be an expert.
20) Admission or college entrance; another online business you can start (if you know how to do it) is helping an individual who seeks help in gaining admission to the school of their choice.
You should be knowledgeable in this, though, it really may not entail gaining admission but helping an individual to register to the school of their choice if they don’t know how to do so.
Having studied the above lists of potential online business in Nigeria that can yield good income, most of you might not have the required skill to start the online business of your choice; if so; you can learn then start them when you are ready.