The whole world is at a time of great depression and Africa, in a very troubled time. That`s the reason why we all get depressed and discouraged many times.
We all need encouragement. Just as you do, so I do need encouragement, so I’m writing this tutorial for all of us.
As we move on in life, trying to achieve our goals and aims, we meet several road blocks. Sometimes it seems we will never recover, but when we listen to or read some uplifting words, we get encouraged and continue pursuing our dreams.
This tutorial will hopefully supply you with the words of encouragement you need to be inspired and move on in the direction of your life`s vision.
It will be in two section.
In the first section I will share 10 encouraging quotations with you and add my opinion after each of them. My opinion may not necessary be yours (since we sometimes interpret the words of wisdom differently)
In the section two I will share with you 39 other uplifting quotes that will encourage you. This time I will not add my own opinion. You`ll interpret them as you deem best.
Can we start now?
Ok, let`s go…
- “The heights that great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The truth is, life is hard. If we understand this, we will cry less. Nothing (I mean nothing) in life is easy. Most at times we have to buy our successes with our very blood.
Take heart. Be encouraged. You`re not the only one crying (others simply don`t tell you about their problems). People who are achievers today didn`t get there by magic. They too face several problems. They overcame them all because they refused to be discouraged by life`s circumstances.
2. “I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.” ~Robert H. Schuller
Sometimes we think our failure happens because we are foolish or because we are doing the wrong things, yet, we mostly fail because we try what other people don`t.
It`s far honourable to fail at something great than to succeed at mediocre, so don`t be discouraged.
- “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” ~Robert Schuller
Yes, you won`t stop where you are now. You will only change gear or direction. Take for instance, somebody may be unemployed and depressed. Well, that`s a big problem, but not the end of life.
He/she needs to understand why he/she gets to where he/she is and the need to change direction and move on with another gear. He/she must understand that his/her unemployment is not his/her fault.
He/she must understand that his/her present situation is as a result of wrong education school is giving (education that focuses on training us to be employees, even while there is no more good job. Don`t tell anybody, I hate school)
Instead of giving up, an unmployed person has be encouraged and take a new direction. He/she has to learn how to start a business.
I`m not saying it`s that cheap. It`s not easy, but it`s possible.
- “Stones and sticks are thrown only at fruit-bearing trees.” ― Sumi
Sometimes the reason why we have more troubles in our lives is because we have more potential (or call it glory). As a matter of fact, the more success you will achieve with your life, the more problems you`re likely to have.
This is the irony of life I have discovered since few years now.
I have taken few great decisions in my life in the last 8 years which really make me have more pains than many people of my age, yet those decisions are what I had to rake if I have to achieve what others could not.
Life sometimes is difficult for people who are pursuing great things or have great potentials within them. If you understand this, you won`t be so much discouraged.
- “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” ~Michael John Bobak
Really, there has never been any progress or achievement that comes easy. The only persons in the Bible who enjoy success without pains are Solomon and Saul (as much as I can remember). How did both of them end their lives?
Before success comes, we must be willing to endure the pains that leaving our comfort zone brings. So friend, stop crying and face life!
- “The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.” ~Epictetus
I have many friends, but I discuss deep things with only few optimistic ones. Why? I hate pessimistic words.
Check who your friends are. Do they speak to encourage you or to pull you down? I spent last weekend with one of my old friends and roommate at school and as we were talking and remembering the old days at school, he said something like, “having great friends makes you great”
That reminded me of how we used to force ourselves to read and get focused.
If your friends are not helping you to grow, you will end up as a failure.
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ~Arthur Ashe
Most times when we find ourselves in a big problem, we want solution, now. We are in a hurry. We want huge capital to start that business.
We want that husband/wife to come today. We cannot afford to walk slowly or grow gently.
Unfortunately, things never happen the way we wish. Things start ganging slowly. Start where you are. Use that little resources you have. Do that little thing you can do to make your situation better, instead of being discouraged
8. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” ~Alexander Graham Bell
Sometimes I will sit down to assess my life and progress. It`s amazing how much our failures and disappointment lead us into better places.
Usually (as my experience tells me) when one door closes, another one (usually a better one) opens.
This alone is enough as words of encouragement.
- “You need to be buried deep in the dirt before you can find your bloom.”
― Roz Inga
Getting out of a pit is never easy. Overcoming a big obstacle require a big determination to do whatever it takes in terms of hard work.
- “Do not sit still; start moving now. In the beginning, you may not go in the direction you want, but as long as you are moving, you are creating alternatives and possibilities.” ― Rodolfo Costa
Standing still is the first thing we want to do whenever we face a discouraging situation. This is the worst thing to do. Instead, you have to find a way of moving, even if it`s not at a great speed now, just keep on moving.
Now, we will move to the second section of this tutorial about words and quotes on encouragement.
I will list below 29 more quotes and leave you to meditate on their meanings.
Thanks for reading.
- “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them.
But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.”
― Paulo Coelho
- “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” ― C. JoyBell C.
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~Maria Robinson
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” ~John D. Rockefeller
- “Cultivate an optimistic mind, use your imagination, always consider alternatives, and dare to believe that you can make possible what others think is impossible.” ― Rodolfo Cost
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~Thomas A. Edison
- “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” ― Steve Martin
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~C.S. Lewis
- “Come friends, it’s not too late to seek a newer world.” ― Alfred Tennyson
- “The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.” ― Criss Jami
- “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” ― Stephanie Lahart
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ~Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “If you are so worried of things that can be fixed that you can’t fix them. Just remember we came to this world without refactions.” Pedro A. P. Raymond
- “You can do anything you want to do, if you want to do it bad enough.” ― Tim Carter
- “Encouragement is like water to the soul, it makes everything grow.” ― Chris Burkmenn
- “You may not be the smartest, richest or best looking person but you’re probably not the dumbest, ugliest or poorest either.” ― Rob Liano
28. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” ~Winston Churchill
29. “The harder the fight, the greater the victory.” ― Chris Burkmenn
30. “The Truth is, we all get lost as we try to find our way. Perhaps the key is to stop, take a look around and enjoy the scenery as we go.”
― JaTawny Muckelvene
31. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future . . . but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.” ~Buddha
32. Turn lemons into lemonaid” ― Kevin Cronin
33. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” ~Japanese Proverb
34. “God would never place a dream in your heart that He didn’t have the ability to fulfill.”
― Chris Burkmenn
35. “I’d rather be encouraged by an ant to live than taught to doubt by fifty skeptics.”
― Marty Rubin
36. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ~Helen Keller
37. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ~Thomas Jefferson
38. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” ~Deepak Chopra
Now we come to the end of this tutorial.
I want you to pay a close attention to this last encouraging quote I am about to share with you. it`s one of my favourite quotes.
39. “Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins.” ~Jim Rohn
Usually (always) when we find ourselves in some problems, we get there because there are something we don`t know about that situation that would have rescued us.
Whenever you see a problem solved, it`s solved because the person involved comes across certain information or he meets someone who knows what he never knew.
Learning new things give us passport to a new world and a new possibility.
That`s why learning, reading very good books may just be the solution to our problem.
If you have a marital problem, I may not know everything you have to do to solve it, but I know one major thing… go read some very good books about marriage.
If you`ve got issues with your health in recent time, I don`t know all the things you have to do to solve your health problem, but I know one major thing you need to do… go read some good books related to your health`s problem.
If you`re poor, unemployed or financially stranded, though I’m a financial writer and have many experiences as per business and financial world, I still don`t know everything you need to do. But I know one major thing you have to do… read great business and financial books.
Knowledge is the master key that opens doors.
I wish you a good luck n life!