Hi friends, I make this video to explain why i believe African are still SLAVE. You may wonder “How”, [Read more…]
Making Sound Decisions in Times of Uncertainty
Have you ever been in a situation where you have got to make a decision but you are highly uncertain? To be honest, it actually happens to most of us at some point in time. This usually leads to us to waiting and postponing decision making until we can make the decision with a reasonable degree of certainty.
Although, it is not wrong to wait for a level of certainty before committing to a plan of action, it could make you end up putting your life on hold for a long time or even missing out on some great opportunities in life.
The point is, at some point, you have no choice but to make some decisions when you are uncertain. So the question is, how do you go about it? How do you make decisions in a time of uncertainty?
Especially when it is an important decision, such as quitting your job and starting your own business, or picking the next managing director at your company, or probably something silly like spending your last cash on that piece of chocolate.
Well, here are some helpful tips in making decisions in a time of uncertainty.
You Will Probably Never Be Completely Certain
One thing to consider when making decisions in a time of uncertainty is that there might never be a time when you are completely or absolutely certain. Have you ever wondered if certainty is actually an illusion?
In life, very little is actually totally certain, especially since we are always faced with changing circumstances as time goes on. So, rather than waiting to be totally certain before making that decision, have it in mind that certainty in that situation could be an illusion or just a state of mind and proceed with making that decision as soon as you can.
Delay Could Only Make It Worse
When you are in a situation of making a business decision but decide to wait until you have gotten all your fact straight, or until you are completely certain you could end up losing out on some opportunities or end up being knocked over by competition.
We all know the popular saying opportunities may come only once, and they need to be grasped immediately they come or you might never be able to do so again. To avoid delay, you could decide to give yourself a time limit and tell yourself, no matter what state the situation is at this particular time, I would decide on this or that so as to avoid delay which could be dangerous.
Also, think about it, delaying on making a decision might actually be worse than not making any decision at all.
See It As An Act Of Courage
Making decisions in times of uncertainty actually demands and builds faith in you, and it also takes a lot of courage. If you see it as such, it helps you in taking that decision in times of uncertainty easier.
Hence when you are uncertain about a decision, tell yourself that no matter what happens in the end, you would be able to handle it, and one way or the other you will benefit from it.
Understand The Situation
When you are about to make decisions in times of uncertainty, it is better to understand the situation as much as possible and get all the available information you can get. When you do that, tell yourself that as soon as you get all the available information you are going to make decision immediately.
State all the risks and the rewards and state clearly what you can and cannot do about any uncertain aspects, and then play out different scenarios in your head on how bad it would be if you delay any further in order to get all the facts.
Remember not focus on only what could go wrong but also focus on the best thing that could happen if you make your decisions immediately. Understanding the risks and rewards in whatever decision you eventually make, enables you to have a better plan on how to implement your decision and in addition makes you prepared for whatever incidents that may occur.
Make The Decision
At some point, no matter how uncertain you are, you are going to make that decision. As soon as you decide on what you are going to do, do not waste any time, start implementing immediately.
Do not waste time and energy worrying, rather start acting on what you have decided to do. After all, life rewards actions and does not in any way reward indecision.
Also, the only decision worst that you have already taken is not making any decision at all. Think of all the things you would be missing out or have already lost out because you avoided making decisions, and also if things don’t work out as planned, you can always adjust accordingly.
Abe Oluwasegun is a small business consultant. He blogs at Practical Business Ideas. You can mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter here: @Agrodynamix
We are living in a world filled with many ups and downs.
Because life is tough (and Africa is tougher), we all get discouraged, so we need motivation to keep fighting the battles of life.
Business is filled with many headaches. Life is filled with many “fires”.
You`ve started business and failed, you need some inspiration to get up.
You`re having some issues in your marital relationship, you need some inspirational quotes to keep you on.
You`re unemployed or poor, you need a whole lot of motivation in order not to give up.
That`s why I am compiling these 79 motivational quotes specifically to inspire my fellow Africans.
I will put these encouraging words and sayings together in two sections. In the first section, I will write 10 quotes and add my own opinion to them.
These my interpretations and opinion may not be perfect with yours, that`s why in the second section, I will simply write out 69 inspiring quotations. I will allow you to interpret them in your own way.
Now, let`s start…
1. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” —Mark Caine. We are Africans. We have so many things to cry about, yet, we must not cry. We have to refuse to be captives of our poor environment.
2. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” —Mark Twain. Most people in Africa believe there is no hope in this continent. Don`t join them. They`re ignorant majority. Be encouraged. You can start that business, pursue that goal, and be successful.
3. “The number one reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors.” —Napoleon Hill. What are your friends and family saying? What do they believe is possible and not possible? How are they discouraging you? Don`t listen to them. Follow your instinct and vision. You`ll succeed.
4. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” —Bruce Lee. Most successful people are ordinary people like you and I. they become successful because they focused all their minds, time and life on what is very important to them. that`s what this inspirational quote
5. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” —Walt Disney. You have to be courageous. You have to get out there and pursue that your dream. You have to overcome the fear of failure.
6. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” —Chris Grosser. Most people in Nigeria and Africa are busy waiting for manna from heaven. They hope their opportunity shows up one day. No. opportunities are to be searched out. Dear friend, Get off and get dirty.
6. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” —Winston Churchill. I love this motivational words. Failure is awful, I know, but without failure there can never be anything call success. Have you failed in one area of your life? Stand up. Be encouraged. Move on. Fight on!
8. “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents–start charging for it.” —Kim Garst. If there is anything Nigerians and Africans do that makes me angry, that`s…… they waste time. Stop wasting time on political arguments, football, movies and television. Time is life. He who wastes his time wastes his life. You must master time management skills if you want to be successful in life.
9. “Make sure your worst enemy doesn’t live between your own two ears.” – Laird Hamilton. I love to tell my friends, the greatest enemy we can have is US. If you`re born into a poor country or family, you have some challenges to overcome, but that`s not as horrible as if YOU are the enemy of yourself. Listen to the following quotation.
10. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right”. –Henry Ford. Sometimes it`s about you believing you can or you cannot. No matter how bad (or worse) your situation and country may be today, if you think you can succeed, you will.
Above I have shared with you some inspirational quotes and added my own opinion. Below, I will add 69 more encouraging quotes and sayings.
This time I won`t add my opinion. I will leave you to interpret them yourself.
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life”. –Steve Jobs
- “Stubbornness usually is considered a negative; but I think that trait has been a positive for me.” – Cal Ripken Jr.
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” —Dale Carnegie
- “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” —Jim Rohn
- “To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.” –Anonymous
- “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life–think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success” —Swami Vivekananda
- “Competition is a rude yet effective motivation.” ― Toba Bet
- “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” – Matt Biondi
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” —Steve Jobs
- “The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.” —Denis Waitley
- “Whenever you see a successful person you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” —Vaibhav Shah
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
- “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” —Albert Einstein
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all.” —Dale Carnegie
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. –Robert Frost
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” —Jim Rohn
- “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110 percent all the time.” – Don Zimmer
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. –Alice Walker
- “If you’re going through hell keep going.” —Winston Churchill
- “Continuous effort — not strength or intelligence — is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Liane Cardes
- “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” – Lou Holtz
- “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” —Dale Carnegie
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” —John D. Rockefeller
- “If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail.” – Mark Spitz
- “If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.” – Herschel Walker (I love this motivational quotes)
- “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.” —P.J. Abdul Kalam
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” —Thomas Jefferson
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” —Robert Collier
- “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” —Michael John Bobak
- “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
- “Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records.” – William A. Ward
- Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone
- “We become what we think about most of the time, and that’s the strangest secret.” —Earl Nightingale
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” —Vidal Sassoon
- “The best reason to start an organization is to make meaning; to create a product or service to make the world a better place.” —Guy Kawasaki
- “What do with a mistake: recognize it, admit it, learn from it, forget it.” – Dean Smith
- “I find that when you have a real interest in life and a curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing.” —Martha Stewart
- “When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” —Audre Lorde
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” —Herman Melville
- “We would do ourselves a tremendous favor by letting go of the people who poison our spirit.”
― Steve Maraboli
- “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” – Matt Biondi
- “Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above it.” —Washington Irving
- Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” ― Lou Holtz
- “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort
- “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.”
― Donald Trump
- “All great achievements require time.” ― Maya Angelou
- “Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts.” ― Edward R. Murrow
- “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” – Marv Levy
- “Start even if you don’t know how.” ― Wendy Tremayne
- “Someone needs to fight, someone needs to sacrifice, someone needs to inspire, someone needs to be a hero.”
― Amit Kalantri
- “Start even if you don’t know how.” ― Wendy Tremayne
- “Most people who decide to grow personally find their first mentors in the pages of books.” ― John C. Maxwell
- “If it is to be, it’s up to thee. You are responsible for your success.” ― Rob Liano
- “Without drive you will never get anywhere in life.” ― Habeeb Akande
- It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.— Vince Lombardi
- “I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability.” – Bruce Jenner
- “Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.” – Ross Perot
- “It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” – Paul “Bear” Bryant
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
- “Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.” – Jim Valvano
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”–Vince Lombardi
- “An invincible determination can accomplish almost anything and in this lies the great distinction between great men and little men.”–Thomas Fuller
- “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.”–John Maxwell
- “Change your thoughts and you change your world.”–Norman Vincent Peale
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”–Lyndon Johnson
- “Education is not the responsibility of school, nor is certificate anything but paper. Each man is responsible for his/her education. Library… that`s the best school ever”… Stephen Afolabi
Did you enjoying these motivational quotes and words?
Thanks for reading!